How Much Does Ductless Air Conditioning Cost?
Aren’t You Tired of Lugging Around
Window Air-Conditioners Every Summer?
Ductless Air-Conditioning Systems (also known as Mini-Splits) Are Designed For Older Homes or New Additions, Where Ductwork is Too Expensive or Impossible to Install, and Traditional Window A/C Units Are Not Desirable.
7 Reasons to Replace Window A/C Units With a Ductless System:
1. Safety and Security: A Window A/C unit makes it very easy for someone to break into your home.
2. No Damage: Window A/C units leak condensation onto your window frame causing the wood to rot, the window casing to warp, and Mold and Mildew.
3. Whisper-Quiet Operation: Window A/C units are loud and obnoxious when compared to a Ductless A/C System.
4. Comfort: Ductless A/C Systems use a remote-control thermostat to maintain constant room temperature, while Window A/C units control temperature based on a thermostat that is close to the window giving it a false reading, causing uneven temperature swings in the room.
5. Aesthetics: Ductless A/C systems do not stick out of your home. Window units make a home look ugly! There are several options of Ductless indoor units that will keep your home looking good inside and outside while keeping you cool and comfortable.
6. Convenience: Once installed, there will be no more installing and de-installing heavy Window A/C units every summer, or worse, leaving them up all year!
7. Efficiency: Ductless A/C Systems are far more Energy Efficient and more powerful than most traditional Window A/C units. Also, it is far less expensive, and much easier to install a Ductless System than in-room ductwork or a pipe-based Central Air System.
How a Ductless A/C System Works:
A Ductless Air-Conditioning system has 2 major components. A wall mounted unit and a unit mounted outside the home.
Multiple inside units work independently and can be connected to one outside unit. For example: One unit can be installed in your living room, one in the kitchen one in the master bedroom, and one in the your kid’s bedroom.
A Remote-Control Thermostat controls each unit for the desired temperature in each room.
How Much Does It Cost To Have A Ductless Air Conditioner Installed?
The Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning system could be as low as $4,500 for a single zone system.
The installation requires:
1) A town permit for a Air Conditioning installation
2) A separate town permit for the Electrical Wiring
2) Installation from a Licensed HVAC Installer
3) Electrical Wiring from a Licensed Electrician
There are many brands of Ductless Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps. Let Air, Inc. help you choose the best one for your home.
Ductless systems can also provide heating for your home, for a fraction of the cost of oil, propane or electric heating systems.
They also have a mode for dehumidifying.